No Zinc Supplements, No Mojo!
You may be thinking, “When I was younger, I didn’t need zinc supplements to feel in the mood!” And you would be right. This is because youth hormones can atone for most vitamin and mineral deficiencies. But not for long. I see teenage girls who struggle with painful menstrual periods, and young men with joint pain, muscle fatigue, and brain fog. Depression, affecting people of all ages, flattens sexual desire. And, certainly, emotional struggles can cause depression. However, vitamins and minerals can heal the body and brain, and consequently allow hormone receptors to revive. Sheryl Walters, a kinesiologist, writer, and researcher for Natural News, shared the list of supplements below which support sexual health and vitality.
Sexual Health Supplements
* Vitamin A regulates the synthesis of the sex hormone progesterone, which is important for that loving feeling.
* B-Vitamins are crucial for reacting and responding to our lovers, and for flow of blood to the sex organs.
* Vitamin B1 is essential for optimal nerve transmission and energy production throughout the body, which is therefor vital to increase libido.
* Vitamin B-3 can enhance sexual flush, bring blood flow to the skin and mucous membranes, and intensify orgasm.
* Vitamin B-6 is integral because it controls elevated prolactin, a libido enhancer.
* Vitamin E is known as the king (or queen) of sex vitamins, and is sure to spice up your sex life.
* Vitamin C is important for the synthesis of hormones involved in sexuality and arousal.
* Magnesium is important for the production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters that modulate the urge.
* Selenium is imperative for sperm production and mobility. Nearly half of the selenium in a man’s body is in the testes and seminal ducts. Men lose selenium in their semen.
* Zinc or zinc supplements are required for the production of testosterone and other sexual hormones. The zinc content of the prostate gland and sperm is higher than in any other body tissues. It is equally vital for the women.
* Essential Fatty Acids are the building blocks for the production of sex hormones. They also help the body store the vitamins that keep us sexually active and full of desire.
* Vitamin D deficiency may leave your sex life cold and grey, while plenty of this most amazing vitamin will bring out the hots. Make sure you get plenty of sunlight whenever possible, as this is one of the best sources.
Natural Hormones Rock!
If over 40 and suffering from low libido, unexplained weight gain, and low energy, do not hesitate to test your hormones through a doctor or health practitioner. Due to age, or mineral deficiencies, your levels may be low. Zinc supplements or other treatment options could increase your libido. I work with Dr. Julia T. Hunter, MD, and highly recommend her. If you need a practitioner in Santa Barbara, a number of my clients work with Dr. Owen Stormo, who specializes in men’s hormone health.
I am super-excited that my books are now available in audio form. Find them on ITunes and Amazon Audible. Due to a successful run of the audio version of my first book, Dare to Detoxify! my clients convinced me to record my new book, It Takes Guts to Be Happy! They love listening as well as reading. I hope you do, too!